Thursday, July 6, 2017

I believe...


I Believe...

I believe that children need social interactions to learn and grow and develop.
Kids are innately curious, they need to manipulate and touch things. Children need to work and play with each other. They need to problem solve through trial and error to come up with a solution. Children need to have conversations with each other, getting to know and learn about experiences other than their own.

I believe that children need to feel loved and safe and trusted and valued. They need to take an active part in creating our classroom community. Children need to take risks in their learning and in order to do this, and they need to feel safe.

I feel that children thrive in a community made up of diverse learners. Children can learn so much from each other and having a variety of cultures, languages and family experiences working together in our classroom community helps children to develop empathy and tolerance and appreciation for all learners. 

My final project needs to find a way to incorporate all of these beliefs seamlessly into my curriculum. I am hoping to include an ongoing project called "digital discoveries" into my classroom to reintroduce some of these very important ideals to my learners. Digital Discoveries will allow my children to learn from each other through the use of documenting everyday experiences while being creative at the same time. The students will be able to have authentic conversations, creating a cohesive classroom of learners though the use of technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making "Digital Discoveries" in my classroom

Whenever I was asked the age old question “what do you want to be when you grow up?", for as long as I can remember, the answer wa...